Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I know

I know that life can be tough.
I know that life can be hard.
I know that life can hand you some real doozies that make you feel like you can never recover.

I also know that life can be full of joy.
I know that life can be rewarding.
I know that life is precious.
I know, for a fact, that no matter what life hands you, you CAN recover.

I know that sometimes, people forget the hardships others have been through.
I know that sometimes, people don't remember that at this very moment others are struggling to make it through the day and therefore don't treat each other kindly.
I know that sometimes, people act harshly and say harsh words only because they don't know how else to act.

I also know that everyone is struggling with something that no one else knows about.
I know that I have forgotten the struggles of others and thought they were being selfish or 'not themselves'
I know that sometimes, ignoring and avoiding can hurt worse than harsh words.

I had someone yesterday tell me that she remembered Logan. She thought about it often but didn't know an appropriate time to say anything or if it would be appropriate at all. Her telling me that she remembered him made my heart soar! Simple, thoughtful words can sometimes be all you need to get through the day.

Remember to tell those around you that you love them, that you remember their hardships and that you are there for them, unconditionally.

I know that I'm not alone, and for that I'm thankful. 

No comments: