Thursday, June 7, 2018

My family - post from 2015

This was a post that I started and didn't post... #WHY?! So here it is, enjoy my #throwbackthursday all the way from summer of 2015. and I know that I am still one very blessed person!


I am one blessed chick. I mean seriously BLESSED!



This past weekend I got to spend it with my siblings and my parents (and Lexi too!).

We laughed about so many things, we broke out in random songs, we reconnected on a level that we haven't been able to do in such a long time and it was sooo good for this heart of mine!

I know that my family seems to be a rare bunch, yes we are crazy, but we actually truly LIKE each other. We want to spend time with each other. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't talk to my mom, text one of my siblings or tag one of them on a Facebook post. Sure we get annoyed with each other, but at the end of the day, we know that family is important. We would rather gather around a kitchen table until 2 o'clock on the morning playing progressive rummy, eating thirty minute chocolate cake and trying to convince mom to get on a plane than most anything else.

I encourage anyone who reads this to just pick up the phone, call someone you love and tell them that you do. Make an effort to visit longer than necessary. Reconnect and share your world with them - even if you are 5 states away. Family is important and fun and is honestly one of God's greatest gifts he could have given us.

P.S. We got a selfie stick and decided that it was THE best way to take most pictures!!! I don't care if we are all over the age of 30 - it was still fun!

Enjoy the pics, and I'm serious make that phone call, you won't regret it!









No comments: