Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lexi's cooking corner!

I'm still trying to be a better parent. Isn't that what all parents say? I'm trying to be a better parent. I'm trying to be more intentional with my child. The words are easy to say, the doing it is the hard part. Realizing that the floor can be swept later, the dishes can be done later. That load of laundry will be there tomorrow (and if I'm being completly honest, if its in the dryer, I'd probably turn it on again anyway because I don't know that I own an iron, but I don't like wrinkly clothes).


Last night Lexi and I made pizzas for dinner. I went and bought the premade crusts, the pizza sauce and the toppings after work and so when we got home we went into the pizza making business!

She had so much fun doing making it herself.  She put on the sauce, cheese, carrots (because we had to get some extra veggies in), pepperoni and hotdogs (on hers, not mine) all by herself. It was hard, but I restrained from telling her it was 'too much, too much, too much' or 'oh, you missed a spot' or 'why don't you put it on like this'. I didn't realize how much of a control freak I was until this little bundle came into our world!

See, I told you, carrots on the pizza. You totally could not taste them, I simply took some baby carrots and used our fine shredder so it was just part of it. I got NO complaints, or weird looks when I suggested carrots. She even grated a carrot, the entire time I kept repeating, "Go Slow, be careful". Those things are sharp!!! 

 She just makes my heart so incredibly happy. I'm so thankful that God chose me to be her mommy!

Hope you all have a fantastic day full of love!
Try to do something fun with your kiddos, something that they can remember for years to come.

No comments: