Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

So I will be the first to admit that I am NOT a wonderful cook. My mom is a fantastic cook. She always had hot yummy dinners to feed us every night. I totally slack in that department. If I don't have things planned out, we typically go grab something to eat that is TOTALLY not healthy (hello McDonald's and Wendy's)
So with the addition of Pinterest to our lives I've ventured out and made some super yummy things. When I say yummy, I mean for me they are yummy.. and even Lexi enjoyed them. The Mister on the other hand would probably pass these up by just the pictures, but since he hasn't really been home to try these, we will just file these under the Yummy category!

Stuffed Peppers!
One pound of ground Turkey
Chili Powder 2 tsp
Garlic Powder 1 Tablespoon
Onion powder 1 Tablespoon
a can of Rotel
a can of Black Beans
2 cups of brown rice
cheese
Brown the ground turkey, drain. Once the turkey has been browned add the seasonings, Rotel and the Black Beans. Meanwhile cook the brown rice per the directions on the box. Once rice is done, combine the turkey mixutre and the rice and continue to simmer on low while preparing your pepper.
I cut red and yellow bell peppers (2 of each) lengthwise and cleaned them out. I placed them in a casserole. Fill each half with as much filling as you can, smooshing it a bit.
cover generously with cheese, We used the Kraft Mexican blend.
Pop in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is all bubbly.
ENJOY!


No comments: